MACARONI CHEESE - Meals in Minutes : PASTA




For today, I'll put aside calorie counting and get my hands filled with cheeses...mozarella, cheddar and parmesan. My dietician sister will certainly freak out knowing what lies in this bland-looking dish.
This seemingly artless dish however, has the creamiest, yummiest, cheesiest taste ever...The pic above shows the unbaked dish. Once baked, the cheese melting on top will brown evenly and perfectly. With every bite, you will feel the creamy cheese oozing out into your mouth...I definitely can't resist it no matter how bad it will make my belly and thigh look like. (I have a tendency on gaining bulges on these two parts first, but a dish won't hurt that much!).

PREPARATION TIME: 5 -10 MINUTES

Ingredients:
250g elbow macaroni
60g butter
50g plain flour
750ml milk (fresh milk)
250 g coarsely grated pizza cheese ( I use a 100g each of parmesan, cheddar and mozarella, and for topping, another 100g mozarella+100g cheddar)

I added:
300g of shelled medium-size prawns, cook in microwave HIGH 5 minutes.
300g of canned button mushroom (cut into 2)

- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir pasta and half of the cheese into sauce, add prawns and mushroom; pour mixture into shallow 2-litre (8-cup) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; Place under hot grill until cheese melts and is browned lightly. (I would bake in the oven for 15 minutes 180C).

There you have it. Try and see.

1 comment: